Thursday 25 October 2012

Open up your door

A couple of weekends ago, I was at my Stampin' Up! friend Kylie's house, for a crafty get together. She was getting things organised for her Inspiration Station at our teams quarterly training and I got busy making some Christmas cards to sell. The next four blog posts will show you these cards. I used some retired items on them, to use them all up, so I can justify buying more!

This card was inspired by a card that was made for me last Christmas by a friend, and by the Tea Shoppe dresser card that we made at the Shoe Box Swap day. I made 12 of these cards, 6 using the Woodgrain background stamp for the wood effect and 6 using the new Woodgrain embossing folder in the Big Shot from the Seasonal catalogue. I used Cherry Cobbler card stock for the card blank with Very Vanilla for the background. The pieces of Woodgrain stamped or embossed Crumb Cake were sponged around the edges with the same colour ink with the Daubers. To create the wreath, I used the bird punch leaf, and the berries were punched using the owls eyes from the Owl punch. I made a couple with hearts instead of berries, also punched from the Owl punch.

*Sorry about the bits of glue on the cards, I took the photos before the glue had dried*

If you'd like to buy any of my Christmas cards, please contact me for more details.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments