Monday 29 October 2012

Betsy's Blossoms Inspiration Station

I mentioned last week that I'd helped out with an Inspiration Station for our last team training event. I've got a few projects over the next few pages that I'd like to share.

Firstly, here's a picture of the table from the day.


Unfortunately I can not take credit for the majority of the items on there, they were made and arranged so nicely by my downline Kylie. You can find her blog here if you're interested in seeing more of her creations. She'd based her projects around the stamp set Betsy's Blossoms and the Floral District DSP. The colours we mainly used for the project were Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Rose Red, Rich Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango and Whisper White. The thing that was most enjoyable from doing the table was concentrating on one stamp set and papers and exploring all the possibilities of what to do with them. I'm sure any crafters reading this can think of a stamp set they've bought, that's still sitting in its box waiting to be used, or was used once for one card.

The first card I'm sharing is a triangle fold card. I got the template for this from Pinterest, which is great for finding ideas, especially for Stampin' Up! products. Here's the link to the tutorial I used. I used a 12"x 12" sheet of Rosé Red card stock, and cut it to the triangle shape. Next was scoring in the right places according to the tutorial. Then it was just a matter of cutting the Floral District Papers to the correct sizes and sticking them to the front and back of the card. To keep the card closed, I stamped a bird from Betsy's Blossoms and punched it out with the Circle punch and mounted it onto a piece of Rose Red cut with the Scallop Circle punch.

The card shown flat

The card shown with a fold - see how it fits together?

The card folded up
The bird stamp from Betsy's blossoms

I'd like to make some more of this style of card, it's perfect for special occasions or for a special person at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments