Saturday 18 August 2012

Shoe Box Swap event

Morning,

I'm off to a Shoe Box swap event today. What's that you ask? Well, it's like a card class, but everyone brings a box containing all the card, papers, stamps, ribbons etc, and we'll be swapping boxes around the table, and making each others cards. Sound fun, I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else has come up with.

This is my design. It took me all afternoon yesterday, I wasn't feeling very inspirational! I'd been off all week, and should have got my kit out and had a play earlier. After sitting on my craft room floor for far too long, I made it up to the desk and got going.

I used two new stamp sets a sneak peek from the Annual Catalogue, called Make A Cake, and Itty Bitty Banners. The Stamp-a-ma-jig is a must for this set, with all the stamps designed to be used together to create an image. Two step stamping it's called. I used Island Indigo, Pool Party and Rose Red ink. The Scallop Border Punch was used to create the edge on the two layers of card stock, and a piece of Pool Party bakers twine was wrapped around the centre of the card a few times and tied in a bow.

I hope everyone at the event likes my card.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments