Monday 20 August 2012

Craft Decathlon - Wow card!

I think you'll all agree with me, this is a special card! I first made this at the Craft Decathlon class, and then I made it with my card class that I hold on the last Tuesday of every month at Dock Street Market, Leeds. It went down really well, and I'd like to do more 'Wow' projects with them in the future.

A 12"x12" Whisper White card stock was scored at 3" and 9" on both sides, and then diagonally at 3", 6" and 9" on all four sides, using the Simply Scored board. I'm not even going to try to explain how the folds go, it's hard enough explaining it in a class! A range of different papers from the Sweet Shop DSP were cut into squares, and then in diagonal halves. In the centre of the card, a square of Lucky Limeade and Whisper White were placed, and Congratulations from Curly Cute was stamped. Bunting flags were punched using the Petite Pennants Builder punch.

To keep the card closed, a band was made using a strip of 12"x 1.5" card, with a strip of the Sweet Shop papers. Ruffled Ribbon in Pool Party was placed under the strip, so that the band could be tied in a bow. A flower was stamped in Pool Party with a flower stamp from Mixed Bunch, and punched with the Blossom punch. Another flower was punched from the Sweet Shop papers and placed behind and a Jelly Bean brad placed through the centre.

I'm looking forward to the next special occasion where I can make this card. I made another one a week later at the team training event, in Christmas colours. I'll save that one for another blog post.


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments