Wednesday 22 August 2012

Craft Decathlon - Mini Photo Album

I'm quite excited about this post. It's one of the first non-card photo type project I have made and finished. I had a good session in my craft room on Sunday and tried to get a few half finished projects completed. I finished this one, and another scrap book page project that I can't wait to share, that I made at Saturday's shoe box swap event.

This is a mini photo album project. I've seen lots of these sort of things on tables at craft classes and events and I'm always impressed and want to have a go myself.

It's made with two Kraft coasters, for the back and front, like the ones I used in a previous post when I made coasters with the Everyday Enchantment papers, see here for the blog post.  Two folded pieces of card stock were cut and stuck together, and then each square covered with papers from Sweet Shop. Each panel and photo was punched eith the Corner Punch. The front cover, I stamped the words "Family Holiday" using the Just Perfect Alphabet, and the heart stamp from the new stamp set Make A Cake. A strip of Pool Party ruffled ribbon was attached so the mini album can be tied closed.

I decided to use some pictures from a trip to Australia I went on with my Mum, in 2006, to visit my sister who was out there for a year at University. It took a few hours to figure out with my computer how to get them to be resized and printed at the right shape and resolution. If any of you scrapbooks out there have any Photoshop tips, or any other software, please leave me a comment!


 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments