Saturday 19 May 2012

Regional Training - Swaps

Today, I'm attending a Stampin' Up! regional training day in Leeds.  I've never been to one of these events before, so I'm really looking forward to it. There was a number of things we had to make to bring with us, and I'll be sharing these over the next few days.

As with many of the training days, we had to bring along swaps.  It's a great way to meet and chat with other demonstrators, and share ideas and techniques.  For today, I made 50 swaps, this is the most I've ever made before.  I didn't start off too well, when I went to Kylie's (my downline) last week, I realised I'd left all my card stock at home.  It turned out ok though, and after some discussions over what I could do without it, we came up with making these pillow boxes, using the Pillow Box die with the Big Shot.  I used the Twitterpated and the Beau Chateau papers, and the Apothecary Art stamp set, with the new Labels Collection Framelits dies.  To finish them off, I added the Stampin' Glitter Dazzling Diamonds and some Linen Thread tied around the box.  It was obvious I'd been using the glitter, it was everywhere, all over my face, jumper, and all over Kylie's house! In the photos below, not all of the boxes have Linen Thread tied around them, I ran out and had to order some more at the last minute.  Lesson learnt, make sure I check my supplies first!


For the Twitterpated papers, the colours used for the Apothecary Art label were Pear Pizzazz, Riding Hood Red, Island Indigo, Blushing Bride and Baja Breeze.




For the Beau Chateau papers, I used Soft Suede, Marina Mist and Pink Pirouette for the labels.




Papers / Card Stock - Twitterpated, Beau Chateau, Whisper White, Very Vanilla
Stamp Set - Apothecary Art
Embellishments - Dazzling Diamonds, Linen Thread
Tools - Big Shot, Pillow Box Die, Labels Collection Framelits Die, Paper Piercing Tool
Inks / Markers - Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Island Indigo, Blushing Bride, Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist

1 comment:

  1. I was lucky enough to receive one of your swaps in the Beau Chateau papers, it it so pretty. Thank you for swapping

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments