Tuesday 15 May 2012

Card Class - Bunting

A few weeks ago, I held a bunting themed card class at Dock Street Market, Leeds.  We made four cards, all with a bunting and flags theme.  It was a fun class, and with the Queens Diamond Jubilee coming up, I thought it would be a good theme for all those summer cards.

Here's one of the cards we made that evening.  I'd seen a similar card on Pinterest, and liked it so much.  (As I'm writing this post, I've noticed that the card in the photo doesn't have the clouds that were made from the Cupcake punch, I'll take a photo of the finished card and add it later - oops.)  I like how the Bashful Blue and the Certainly Celery card looks like sky and grass.  The papers used for the bunting flags are from the Nursery Nest, which I got free last month for placing a £45 order.  The Pennant Parade stamp was stamped in Basic Gray ink onto the papers and then punched with the Petite Pennants Builder punch.  Bows were tied with Linen Thread, and attached the the edges with the mini glue dots.  The sentiment was stamped with Rose Red ink, from the Sincere Salutations stamp set.


Papers / Card Stock - Crumb cake, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Nursery Nest
Stamp Sets - Pennant Parade, Sincere Salutations
Embellishments - Linen Thread
Tools - Petite Pennants Builder Punch, Cupcake Builder Punch, Eyelet Border Punch
Inks / Markers - Basic Gray, Rose Red

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments