Monday 21 May 2012

Regional Training - Summer Mini Catalogue card front

This is another post about the Regional Training I attended in Leeds on Saturday.  We were asked to bring a card front, or a mini scrapbook page, using products from the new Summer Mini Catalogue.  As I've got a card class on Tuesday evening, I decided to make a card that I could use in the class too.  The class is based on a Diamond Jubilee theme, using all things royal and British.  I thought the new Tea Shoppe Stamp set would be ideal.

I stamped the tea cups in Riding Hood Red and Not Quite Navy ink onto Whisper White card stock.  This was mounted onto Riding Hood Red card stock, and then I used the Paper Piercing Tool to create a dotted border around the edge.  The tool comes with a clever see through mat, so you can line up around the edges of your card and make holes in a straight line.  I then stamped the Stay sentiment onto a strip of Whisper White card stock, and mounted it onto a strip of Not Quite Navy card stock that had the edge punched with the Scallop Border Edge Punch.  I added a strip cut from the Lace Ribbon Border punch in Riding Hood Red.  To finish it off, I stamped the flower from the Tea Shoppe set, and then used the Scallop Oval Punch for a border.




I hope my card is liked at the Regional training day, and that my class attendees enjoy making it too.  It's a perfect card for where I hold my classes, at Dock Street Market, as they serve cocktails in tea pots and china cups!



  I think I need to put the kettle on now, who doesn't love a nice cuppa! Tea anyone??




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments