Thursday 17 May 2012

Greenhouse Garden

Today I'm sharing another card that I made at the recent card class in Bradford.  My former upline, Gemma, was selling some of her Stampin' Up! stock, as she's no longer a demonstrator, and doesn't find much time to craft.  So I jumped at the chance to buy her goodies, and Greenhouse Garden was one of the sets I'd had my eye on and she was selling.  It's a Two Step Stampin' set, which means there are stamps in the set that are meant to be layered, or each stamp should be used in conjunction with the other stamps in the set.  The Stamp-a-ma-jig is definitely needed for these sets, and for anyone that's not used one before, it's a tool to help line up stamps so they are perfectly straight, or for set like Greenhouse Garden that layer on top of each other.

For this card, I used Crumb Cake and Pool Party card stock, with papers from the First Edition Speciality papers, cut using the Top Note Die.  I'd seen a few cards on line where images had been stamped onto this set, and was keen to try it myself.  The flowers were stamped with Pool Party, and Island Indigo for the centre of the flowers.  The stalks were stamped in Lucky Limeade.  I used the Colour Spritzer Tool to make the splatters of ink effect, a tool which I don't use enough.  I had one of these as a child, and was pleased to try it out again. The sentiment is from Curly Cute.  The card I brought along to the class to use as the example had the sentiment stamped onto the First Edition papers, but when I was demonstrating the card to the class, I decided to alter it so the Top Note layer was slightly to the right, and stamped the sentiment onto the Pool Party. 

As with most of my cards, I'm looking forward to trying this card again, in different colours and layouts.  Does anyone who has this stamp set have good colour combinations for the flowers I should try?




Papers / Card Stock - Crumb Cake, Pool Party, First Edition Speciality Papers
Stamp Sets - Greenhouse Garden, Curly Cute
Embellishments -
Tools - Colour Spritzer Tool, Big Shot, Top Note Die, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Inks / Markers - Pool Party, Island Indigo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments