Sunday 18 March 2012

Sunflower cards for Mother’s Day

Inspired by a card I found on Pinterest, I've made two cards using the Flowers, Daisies #2 die to make sunflowers. They use the colour combo of More Mustard, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake.
The first card has one large sunflower. The middle was cut with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch, and embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder. The Modern Label Punch and the Word Window punch were used for the Happy Mother's Day sentiment, from Teeny Tiny Wishes, and the Crop-a-dile was used to make the holes where the linen thread was placed though.



The second card has three of the medium sized flowers, and the centre was cut with the 3/4" Circle Punch. The Bird Punch was used to cut leaves from Certainly Celery card stock, and the Scallop Oval Punch and the Large Oval Punch were used to cut the Just For You sentiment, again from the Teeny Tiny wishes set.




I'll be making these again, perhaps next time I'll use a brighter yellow, So saffron or Daffodil Delight for a more summery feeling.

I'd better get up now, this is a scheduled post I wrote on Saturday, as I didn't want my Mum to see her card before she opened it! I'm at hers for the weekend, and we're off to see some lambs today at Wimpole Hall.  No doubt there will be photos, I'll have to think of a sheep related card I can make.

Paper / Cardstock - More Mustard, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery
Stamp Set - Teeny Tiny Wishes
Embellishments - Linen Thread
Tools - Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Bird Punch, Flowers Daisies #2 die, Crop-a-dile
Inks / Markers - Soft Suede, Crumb Cake




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments