Saturday 17 March 2012

Daisies

Morning!

Last weekend, myself and Kylie (my downline & crafty pal) had a bit of a craftathon marathon! She was preparing for her first workshop, and had lots of projects she wanted to have on display.  I made some bits and pieces for her, and took the opportunity to make some things I'd had ideas for.  It's given me plenty of things to share with you, I've just got to get the 17 blog posts that have been drafted written up and posted now.

Those of you who were involved in The Craft Garden at Leeds Town Hall for Night Light 2011 (see my previous blog post here) may recognise these flowers. I'd not done anything with them since they came home after the event, and thought it was about time they were renovated into a display project for my workshops and classes.


Kylie decorated a plain kraft flower pot with the Hostess Benefits Cheerful Treat DSP and I removed the old non Stampin' Up! Buttons from the flowers and replaced them with orange and yellow buttons from the Brights set. The daisies were made using the Big Shot and the Flowers, Daisies #2 die with Whisper White card stock. They were inked around the edges with Cherry Cobber ink with the Sponge Daubers.  The stalks are made from garden wire from my local garden centre. I've forgotten to take a picture of the back of the flowers, but the wire is attached by using the sticky strip and a flower punches with the 5 Petal Flower punch, in Old Olive.  I'll add the picture later.


 


I love seeing them being used again after Light Night, all the effort I put into making them was worthwhile.

Papers / Cardstock - Whisper White, Cheerful Treat DSP
Stamp Set - N/A
Embellishments - Brights buttons
Tools - Big Shot, Flowers Daisies #2 die, Sponge Daubers
Inks / Markers - Cherry Cobbler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments