Friday 24 May 2013

Spring card class 3 - Flowering Flourishes

Hello,

As with quite a few of my posts on here, this is a scheduled post that I wrote on Monday evening.  I love catching up on writing my blog posts and sharing all my makes, and tend to write a few all in one go.  I've got  about 15 posts in drafts at the moment waiting to be written!  I think I wrote a few posts ago that I'd finished my box set of Ashes to Ashes and Life on Mars, and I've just found that all the old episodes of Waterloo Road are on Lovefilm Instant, so guess what I'll be watching for a couple of weeks when I get the chance!

Today's share is another card that I made a couple of weeks ago at the Spring card class.  I enjoyed making this card, as I got to try a stamp set that I'd never really paid much attention to in the catalogue, or had a play with.  There's so much choice these days, it's nearly impossible to use them all, let alone own them all (in my dreams!)  The stamp set is called Flowering Flourishes, and can be found on page 121 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue.

We stamped the Flowering Flourishes stamp onto Very Vanilla using Crumb Cake ink, and then sponged the edges too.  The Happy Birthday Wishes sentiment is from Petite Pairs, and was stamped in Early Espresso and punched out with the Extra Large Oval Punch.  Two circles were punched out using the circle punches (I'm afraid I don't know what sizes we used, I was too busy making them into flowers!), which were cut with the paper snips into a spiral and then twisted to form a flower.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments