Thursday 9 May 2013

Dress Up Framelits Monthly Training Projects

Morning all!

I've been going through my card and project stash from previous workshops, training and classes, and have realised I have so many outstanding blog posts to share, I'll be busy for ages writing them all.  I can't decide whether to have a craft this evening or write a few quick posts, so I thought I'd try a little of both.  I have a few cards I need to make, a few birthdays are coming up this month and my friend Louise has just given birth to a baby girl, and seeing as she's been a hostess for a workshop before, I'd better impress her with a Stampin' Up! card.  

I attended our team's monthly training last night with Julie Kettlewell and a few other of Julie's Jems.  I was a bit tired and didn't feel like going, and very nearly text to say I couldn't make it, but pulled myself together and drove across to Pudsey.  I was pleased I'd made the effort once I got there, and a chat and craft, and coffee and cake sorted me out for a few hours.  

We based our projects on the Dress Up Framelits dies, and made two cards and a little gift box.  The picture below shows all the projects together.  


Here's a close up of the simple card.  This is the sort of card that could be demonstrated at a workshop, a nice quick and simple card.  So Saffron card stock was used for the card blank, and it was stamped with the Distressed Dots background stamp in So Saffron ink.  The dress form was cut out using the Dress Up Framelits Dies and the Big Shot from Crumb Cake card stock, and the dress was cut out from papers from Tea For Two.  A strip of So Saffron Taffeta ribbon was tied around the waist of the dress.   The sentiment is from Amazing family, one of the sets that's available from the Spring/Summer seasonal catalogue.


Here's the fancy version of the card, based on the first one but with a few more products added for extra impact.  A longer piece of ribbon has been used to tie a bow on the dress, and Rhinestone jewels have been added to look like a necklace.  A couple of strips of Tea for Two papers have been cut into flags, and a Flower Trim flower has been added.


This is the little gift box we made, using the Simply Scored board to make the box.  Two dresses and forms were cut for the front and the back of the box, and Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon was tied around and into a bow around the waist.  It's just the perfect size to fit in a little bottle of Dazzlin Diamonds, or a ink refiller, which would make a lovely gift for a hostess at a workshop.


The side view of the box.


If you fancy hosting a workshop and would like to see these projects demonstrated and fancy making the card yourself please let me know.  I'd love to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments