Monday 24 September 2012

Stamp-a-stack Christmas 3 - Snow Flurry

Morning,

How are you all today? After a sad weekend, as I had to take my old cat Rusty to be put to sleep on Friday, I'm looking forward to a brown box of Stampin' Up! goodies when I get to work. There's nothing like a delivery from UPS to cheer you up is there! It's actually not a very exciting order, it's just a few bits and pieces for my next few classes, but there are catalogues in the box! I managed to get my hands on one of the new Annual Catalogues when I called to see Kylie on Saturday, so I've barely left the house all weekend! I'll be doing a post soon about how you can get hold of a Catalogue, watch this space. I've also got the new In Colour ink pads, pens and card stock arriving, so I'm looking forward to getting to know and use them.
Rusty had not been too well for a while, and I did a post about him to wish him get well wishes a few weeks ago.  He was 18ish, and my family had him as a kitten and then he came up to live in Leeds for his last few years.  He will be missed.

Right, onto the card I'm sharing today...

This is the third from the Christmas Stamp-a-stack class I went to last week. It's made with the Festival of Prints paper stack again, and the main feature of this card is the snow flake made with the new Snow Flurry Bigz Die and the Glimmer paper. Another new product is the Brushed Bronze Deisgner Buttons, and the 1-1/4" (3.2cm) Scallop Circle punch. Linen Thread was put through the button and a Merry sentiment stamped using Tiny Tags and punched with the Jewelry punch was threaded on. A strip of Crumb Cake Taffeta ribbon was placed behind the snowflake.

I really like the glimmer paper, it's paper embedded with the glitter, rather than the glitter being stuck to the surface. This means it's really easy to work with and there's no mess everywhere! The glitter stays on the project, not everywhere else.


Close up of the Snow Flurry die cut in the Glimmer Paper
and the Brushed Bronze Buttons
Catalogue information for the Snow Flurry Die

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments