Monday 17 September 2012

Shoe Box Swap - Distressed Creative Elements card

This is quite a different style of a card from what I usually make, and I'm pleased that this was brought to the Shoe Box Swap class by Caroline Lovett. The technique is known as distressing, and around the edges of the layers of the card were roughed using the edge of the Paper Snips scissors. The edges of the Very Vanilla layer were also curled for extra detail. I'll be using this style more often.

The background was made using the flower stamp from Creative Elements, in Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango. The Tangerine Tango was stamped into the ink pad, and then once on scrap paper, to give a less strong colour. The flourish stamp from the set was stamped in Soft Suede. A spritz spray was used with the Champagne Shimmer Paint to give the golden effect. The Music Notes wheel stamp was rolled across in Basic Black ink. The flower stamp was then stamped onto Tangerine Tango card stock and cut out, as was the sentiment from a new stamp set called Itty Bitty Banners.

I've got another project in the pipeline from this card. I said above that I stamped off some of the Tangerine Tango ink to make it more subtle for the background. My sister saw the sheet I'd stamped these on, and has asked me to make something for her bedroom for her walls. I've got my thinking cap on for this, and hopefully I'll design and share the project with you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments