Sunday 29 January 2012

All Day Training

A couple of weeks ago, I attended an all day Stampin' Up! training session with Julie Kettlewell and 33 other members of her team.  It was my second one, and I had a great day. We made five cards with the Create a Cupcake stamps and punch, I ran out of time on the day, and haven't finished them yet, oops! We also did some workshop training, and learnt lots of good tips. I'm looking forward to putting them into practise.  There were some fantastic creations there by Sally Jo & Julie, on the Inspiration Stations. 



Everyone that attended had to make and bring swaps, the idea of this was to share ideas, and everyone gets samples of products they might not have purchased yet.  We didn't do this at my first training, so was really excited to see what everyone made. I now have even more products on my wish list!  These are the lovely swaps I received. 










This is what I made for my swaps, using the Aviary Stamp Set, and a colour combination of Melon Mambo and Old Olive, inspired by the Colour Coach.  The Top Note Die was used to cut Whisper White card stock.  Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig, the owls were stamped, and then the cages were stamped and then heat embossed with the Stampin' Emboss Powder.  It's been ages since I did any heat embossing, I'll have to experiment with it a bit more often.  The For My Family Stamp Set was used for the greeting, and then to finish it off, an Old Olive taffeta ribbon was tied around the card.  Miraculously I had exactly enough for the 35 cards I made, with none spare!


I hope everyone liked them!

Card - Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Papers -
Stamp Set - For My Family, Aviary
Embellishments - Old Olive 1/8" (3.2mm) Taffeta Ribbon
Tools - Big Shot, Top Note Die, Heat Tool, Stampin' Emboss Powder
Inks / Markers - Melon Mambo, Old Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments