Saturday 1 December 2012

Advent Calendar

I can't believe it's December already! Where has the time gone? I hope you all opened your advent calendars this morning, and got something nice.  I thought I'd share with you the advent calendar I have made.  I got the idea after I had shown a few friends the treat boxes from the Buns and Roses workshop, as a few people said they'd make a good calendar.  I made 24 treat boxes, using the Be Of Good Cheer papers, and used the Memorable Moments stamp set for the numbers.  It's a great stamp set, it's got all the numbers, and can be used for birthdays or anniversaries.   I can see this set will get a lot of use.  I punched out the numbers with the Large Oval Punch and the Scallop Oval Punch, and used Gumball Green and Cherry Cobbler card stock.  Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon was used to tie the boxes at the top.  I then hung them at random on my favourite Christmas decoration I own, a wire tree that I bought a few years ago. I normally use it to display my cards, but this year I'll have to find somewhere else to put them.


There weren't quite enough hearts to place the boxes over, so I decorated some clothes pegs to make some extra hooks.








My sister was over on Sunday afternoon, and she saw my project and wanted to make one too.  She used the Festival of Prints papers to make hers from.  I'll share a picture when she has it all set up and displayed.  She said she was going to come to my house and fill mine up, so I wonder what will be in my boxes each day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments