Tuesday 19 June 2012

Stamp-a-stack 4 - The Open Sea

Morning,
I'm trying to keep up by good blogging behaviour, so here's another post to share with you.  This is the fourth card from the Stamp-a-stack class, and I love this one.  Julie cased it from one of her downline, and I'm glad she shared it with us.  I'd just bought this stamp set, so it's great getting ideas for future cards I'll design myself.

The stamp set used for this card is called The Open Sea, and many of us demonstrators were really excited about this.  It's a great set to use for masculine cards, or where something different is required.  It can be difficult sometimes to come up with designs for men's cards.  The colours used for this card are Marina Mist, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Basic Grey.  The images were stamped at random to create a background on the Very Vanilla card stock, and the edges were sponged with Marina Mist.  The ship was stamped and then the Framelits Labels Collection dies were used to cut out the image.  This was mounted onto a strip of Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.  The sentiments were from the For My Family stamp set, and was punched out using the decorative label punch.
 
 

Papers / Card Stock - Basic Grey, Very Vanilla, Marina Mist
Stamp Sets - The Open Sea, For My Family
Embellishments - Striped Grosgrain Ribbon
Tools - Labels Collection Framelit Dies, Big Shot, Sponge Daubers, Decorative Label Punch
Inks / Markers - Basic Grey Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments