Wednesday 25 September 2013

All that glitters!

Morning!

I went to a 40th birthday party last Saturday, it was fancy dress in the style of 80s glam, Studio 54 and New Romantic. After much browsing, I ended up with a costume that was designed to be a buccaneer which I thought looked a bit Adam Ant. 

I wanted to do a fancy card for the occasion, and what better design than the Wow card that I've made for a few special occasions. I knew the party was going to be glitzy, and I wanted the card to match. Off I went to my local craft shop, and found the perfect papers.  I used a sheet of 12" x 12" Basic Black card stock, and using the Simply Scored Board I scored the lines to make the folds in the card.  I cut out various triangles of the glitter paper, and stuck them onto the front of the card.  



I used the Curly Cute stamp set for the Happy Birthday sentiment, and the numbers are from the Memorable Moments stamp set, stamped with Melon Mambo ink.  I used the Petite Pennants Builder Punch to make the bunting across the top of the card.


Here's the card all tied up with the band around the middle. The Large Oval Punch was used to punch out the numbers, and the Decorative Label Punch was used for the label.


Items Used

All the items (except the glitter paper) can be bought from my online shop.  Click on the links below.

        













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments