Monday 4 March 2013

Tri Fold Card - February Card Class

Morning,

You may have seen a few days ago I shared a card that I'd made for the Shoe Box Swap event I attended on Saturday.  That card was a different take on the card that I made with my card class last Tuesday evening.  The class was enjoyable, apart from feeling dizzy, but my ladies were very understanding, and even did a bit of swaying around so I felt normal! I held the class at a new venue in the centre of Leeds, which worked ok for the numbers I had, but I'm not sure where it's permanent future home will be just yet!  

This card used papers from the Floral District Designer Series Paper, with Lucky Limeade card stock.  I had provided full instructions, but I'd made a few mistakes! Some were queried before the cards were cut or scored, and avoided a disaster, but a few slipped through the net but luckily I'd brought plenty of spare card in case it was needed.  A good learning tip for me there, to check, and double check my instructions in future! It's an easy card to make, it's just four score lines, and then two cut lines, and the tricky bit is just working out which way the folds should go.


This is a close up of the centre of the card, and uses the Bloomin' Marvelous stamp set, which is one of the Sale-A-Bration freebies, which can be earnt with every £45 spend up until the 22nd March.  It's not too late to book your workshop, and I'd love for you to take advantage of this great promotion, as it only comes round once a year.

I used Rich Razzleberry ink for the bird and the sentiment, Lucky Limeade ink for the leaves, and Daffodil Delight for the flowers.  Rhinestone Jewels were placed in the centre of the flowers for a bit of added sparkle.  These were stamped onto Whisper White card stock which was mounted onto Daffodil Delight card stock.


This is a view of the card from above, showing the folds.


If you'd like to see some of the other items that you could get for free, check out the link here, or take a look at my previous blog post here.  


  1. Papers / Card Stock - Floral District, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
  2. Stamp Sets - Bloomin' Marvelous
  3. Tools - Paper Trimmer
  4. Embellishments - Rhinestone Jewels
  5. Inks/Markers - Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments