Saturday 16 February 2013

January Team Training Swaps

Evening!

I mentioned in a previous blog post that I recently attended a team training event with my Julie's Jems team.  The event was cancelled a few weeks ago because of the bad snow that started the night before, and was rescheduled to a few weeks later.  This post is to share the swaps that I had made for the event.  I'd even taken the day off before the event to get all my swaps done. Never mind, at least they were done two weeks early instead!  

We had to use products from Sale-a-bration, or the Spring/Summer catalogue.  I had received the Patterned Occasions stamp set and the Sycamore Street DSP free as part of the Sale-a-bration promotion (free products with every £45 spent), and wanted to use the plaster stamp on my swaps.  I decided to make a gift box to hold a packet of pocket tissues.  I used Summer Starfruit, Island Indigo and Pool Party card stock for the boxes.  This was the first project I have made and designed the template all by myself!  I used the paper trimmer and the Simply Scored board to create the box, and embossed the lid/flap of the box with the Big Shot and the Square Lattice and the Swiss Dots embossing folder.  A strip of the Sycamore Street papers was placed around the box, which acted as a belt for the flap.

The assembled boxes.


A closer image of the Sycamore Street designer series paper.  I love the colour combo on these, and includes Island Indigo, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand, Summer Starfruit, Tangerine Tango, and Whisper White.


A close up of the embossed Recover Rapidly plaster stamped image.  Created by stamping with Versamark ink, then covered with White embossing powder and heated with the Heat Tool.  The image was the punched with the Full Heart Punch.


The swaps all ready to go to the training event in the box.


I received lots of lovely swaps back on the training day, a few of which I can't wait to copy and share with you.  I'll be posting photos of the swaps very soon with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments