Sunday 24 February 2013

Bag and card set

Afternoon all,

I hope you are all well.  I had a nice break away from work last week, visited my family and fitted in a bit of crafting too.  I'll be sharing what I made last week very soon.  In the mean time, here's a very overdue post about a project that I made at a team training day, I'm not even sure when it was, it was that long ago! I also shared it with my class ladies at my monthly class a few weeks ago.  It's a gift bag and four cards and envelopes set, and I love it!  The papers used are the Natural Composition Speciality Designer Series Papers, and have more of a feel of card, they are think and have a lovely glossy finish.  There's 6 different designs, and there is 2 of each in the set.  The colour combo used was Summer Starfruit and Primrose Petals, two of the colours in 2012/13 In Colours.  I did get a little confused when I placed my order, and accidentally found myself with a pack of the Raspberry Ripple card stock, oops! I'm sure I'll find something to make with it instead.  

These are the four cards that we made.  The butterfly stamps are from the Papillion Potpourri, and they have been punched out with the Elegant Butterfly punch.  


This is the gift bag that the cards fit perfectly inside.  The bag was really easy to make, and the top has been made using the Big Shot and the Adorning Accents Edgelits dies.  The handles are two strips of Primrose Petals card stock, with a bow tied in the Stitched Satin Ribbon.  


This is a close up of the flower that was created by punching 6 flowers with the Blossom punch, wetting them with the Aquabrush, scrunching them up, and unfolding once they were dry.  A Vintage Faceted Button was placed in the middle, and the flower was spritzed with the Gimmer Paint.


Here's one of the cards from the set.  This one is made with the Summer Starfruit card stock.  One of the small Vintage Facted Buttons was placed on the butterfly, and the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set was used for the Thank You greeting.


Here's a close up of the Butterfly, stamped using the Papillion Potpourri, and punched out with the Elegant Butterfly Punch.  Look at the detail on the Natural Composition papers, aren't they lovely.


Here's a picture of the envelopes, stamped with the Summer Starfruit and the Primrose Petals inks.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments