Monday 24 July 2017

Machine Embroidery - Bird Card

Good morning,

I've been having a play recently combining my two passions for card making and sewing. I was approached by a fellow local crafter Emma Jennings, who runs Material Girl Horbury (website) at the possibilities of running a joint class. I jumped at the opportunity and started to think that simple projects we could do. 

This card is quite a leap for me. I like to copy, CASE (copy and share everything!) and use templates. I'm get stuck when I have to come up with my own designs and I use Pinterest ALL the time! I don't have the time or energy to play around with my stamps, I just want to create cute projects that someone else has had the creativity to produce.   This card was made with scissors, no template and I just went freestyle and cut out something that vaguely looked like a bird. The fabric is a retired fabric from Stampin' Up! from a few years ago that I still had in my stash. I double stitched around the bird twice, using my fabulous Janome TXL607.  I like the effect it gives and it doesn't have to look too perfect.

Free Motion Embroidery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments